Dark Pine Tar kits includes, 3 liter of Authentic Dark Pine Tar, 1 gallon of Viking Purified Raw Linseed Oil and an Anza 100mm sturdy, stiff-bristle brush.
Perfect combination of products to protect and nourish exterior bare wood surfaces.
Dark Pine Tar Kit
Application Instructions for Authentic (Light, Dark, Black, Red, and Green) Pine Tar:
- Ensure wood surface is clean and dry. Pine Tar is only appropriate for bare wood surfaces. If previous coating exists, it must be scrubbed off using a nonpetrochemical cleaner/detergent or removed, preferably with infrared heat. Do not use chemical strippers on a porous wood surface.
- For roughcut, kiln-dried, and other very dry timber apply Viking Purified Raw Linseed Oil for exceptional moisture protection and to extend Pine Tar coverage. See Viking Purified Oil Application Steps for best practices.
- Mix Authentic Pine Tar with Viking Purified Linseed Oil. No solvents are needed! 50/50 mixture is suggested but ratio can be changed based on personal preference to achieve a darker or lighter finish. Suggested to do a test first to determine preference.
- Apply in 60°F or warmer environment. Warmer temperatures speed dry time.
If Pine Tar and Purified Oil are cold both will be thick or appear syrupy. Ensure materials are at least room temp before application (aka think twice about storing in cold location) so it is easy to brush or wipe on. It is possible to warm carefully if workshop is cold in double boiler or set on radiator and apply warm to wood surface (not hot – do not boil – do not microwave).
- Apply Pine Tar mixture, typically 2 thin coats with stiff bristle brush, rag, or microfiber cloth. Not suggested to spray Pine Tar.
- Brush out as needed to avoid drip marks. Let dry. Dry time is typically within 2448 hrs in warm temperatures and may take longer based on various climates and/or wood type. Will take a week or two to fully cure.
Do not use conventional boiled or raw linseed oil that is not purified as it may not dry, can go rancid, and has unnecessary solvent additives.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.